Funding your Bottle Pay wallet
Last update: 11th Nov 2019
*Note: There are a number of exciting integrations in the pipeline which will offer many new ways to get funds into your Bottle Pay wallet, so check back often for the latest updates.
If you would like to discuss more advanced methods of funding your wallet, such as doing so directly from a Lightning node, or via USD using Sparkswap, please join us on Telegram or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The wallets we provide on Bottle Pay are Lightning specific, meaning sats can only be deposited into them from other Lightning sources. This means 'on-chain' Bitcoin transactions, such as those made from an exchange or hardware wallet, cannot be sent directly to Bottle Pay.
The simplest ways to top up your Bottle Pay wallet at the moment are:
- Setting up payment pages for each of your connected social profiles;
- Receiving a payment from another Lightning enabled wallet;
- Depositing using on-chain Bitcoin via a third party app.
Setting up Payment Pages for your connected social profiles
Payment Pages allow visitors to quickly send you payments, so it is well worth setting one up for each of the social accounts you have connected to Bottle Pay.
You can find our guide on how to set these up here.
Receiving a payment from a Lightning wallet
- Log in to Bottle Pay and click the Receive button in the Bitcoin wallet section of the dashboard:
- Input the number of sats, or fiat currency equivalent, you would like to receive and hit Create Invoice (in this example we are creating an invoice for 1000 sats):
- When the invoice QR code appears, select Copy Invoice, then paste this information into whichever medium you are using to communicate with the person sending you the transaction.
- The sender will then have everything they need, and when the payment has been made you will see it appear in your list of Latest transactions as Income, where you can check the status of the payment (either Complete, Pending or Failed) and find further information on the hash and pre-image of the payment should you need it:
Need more help with receiving Lightning payments to your wallet? Join us on Telegram or email us on email@example.com.
Depositing to Bottle Pay using on-chain Bitcoin via a third party app
As described previously, it is not possible to send on-chain Bitcoin directly to your Bottle Pay wallet.
It is possible, however, to route these transactions through certain apps which allow you to receive, hold, and spend Bitcoin on-chain and via the Lightning Network.
- For a video explanation on how to use Breez, please click here.
- For an explanation, with screenshots, on how to use Wallet of Satoshi, please see below:
- Send an on-chain transaction from your Bitcoin wallet (such as an exchange or hardware wallet) to the app:
- When the Bitcoin has arrived in your app, create an invoice from the Bottle Pay dash by selecting 'Receive' from the wallet menu:
- Input the number of sats required in order to generate an invoice (in this example we are creating an invoice for 1000 sats)
- Scan this invoice using the Scan To Pay option to make a Lightning payment to your Bottle Pay account:
- The payment will now appear as Income in the Latest transactions section of your dash, where you can check the status of the payment (either Complete, Pending or Failed) and find further information on the hash and pre-image of the payment should you need it:
Need more help routing on-chain payments through an app? Join us on Telegram or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.